CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Atonement

“I share a warning. Satan is extremely good at blocking spiritual communication by inducing individuals, through temptation, to violate the laws upon which spiritual communication is founded. With some, he is able to convince them that they are not able to receive such guidance from the Lord.” Elder Richard G. Scott, Ensign, November 2009, pg 6-9

“Whenever we disobey, we spiritually paint ourselves into a corner and are captive to our choices. Though we are spiritually stuck, there is always a way back. Like repentance, turning around and walking across a newly varnished floor means more work a lot of resanding and refinishing! Returning to the Lord isn’t easy, but it is worth it. As we understand the challenge of repenting, we appreciate the blessings of the Holy Ghost to guide our agency and Heavenly Father, who gives us commandments and strengthens and sustains us in keeping them. We also understand how obedience to the commandments ultimately protects our agency.” Elder Robert D. Hales, Ensign, November 2010, pg 24-27

“…never forget that your Heavenly Father know, loves, and cherishes you.” President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Ensign, November 2011; pg 120-123

“Whoever you are and whatever you have done, you can be forgiven. Every one of you young men can leave behind any transgression with which you may struggle. It is the miracle of forgiveness; it is the miracle of the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ. But you cannot do it without an active commitment to the gospel, and you cannot do it with out repentance where it is needed.” Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, Ensign, November 2011, pg 44-47

We live in a complex world with daily challenges. There is a tendency to feel detached, even isolated, from the Giver of every good gift. We worry that we walk alone.

From the bed of pain, from the pillow wet with the tears of loneliness, we are lifted heavenward by that divine assurance and precious promise, “I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee” (Josh. 1:5).” President Thomas S. Monson, Ensign, June 1997, LDS.org

Position:

I am so grateful to know that there is a way to correct the wrongs that we do. I can’t imagine what this world would be like if there was no hope. If it were a, “once you mess up that is it,” situation. The despair would be unbearable. I know that Jesus died for me and that because of his sacrifice I am able to have the opportunity to repent and try again. It is this knowledge that gives me hope. It also helps me to try my best to not sin. I don’t want to be more of a source of any of my elder brother’s pain. I love my Heavenly Father and know that the atonement is another great gift that has been arranged for our use.

0 comments: