CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Callings

“Brothers and sisters, may we focus on the simple ways we can serve in the kingdom of God, always striving to change lives, including our own. What is most important in our Church responsibilities is not the statistics that are reported or the meetings that are held but whether or not individual people—ministered to one at a time just as the Savior did—have been lifted and encouraged and ultimately changed. Our task is to help others find the peace and the joy that only the gospel can give them. In seven words, Jesus summarized how we can accomplish this.” Elder M. Russell Ballard, Ensign, Nov. 2006, pg 18–20


“Pray regularly. Serve faithfully in whatever capacity a call is extended, including home and visiting teaching when you’re old enough.” Elder Richard G. Scott, General Conference, November 1997, LDS.org

“Occasionally we find some who become so energetic in their Church service that their lives become unbalanced. They start believing that the programs they administer are more important than the people they serve. They complicate their service with needless frills and embellishments that occupy too much time, cost too much money, and sap too much energy. They refuse to delegate or to allow others to grow in their respective responsibilities.” Elder M. Russell Ballard, Ensign, Nov. 2006, pg 18–20


“I can’t be a perfect servant every hour, but I can try to give more effort than I thought I could.” President Henry B. Eyring, Ensign, November 2011, pg 56-59


Position:

I have always been taught that you don’t turn down callings. I know that when we accept a calling we are blessed if we try to fulfill it to our best ability. Sometimes I get discouraged because I often seem to end up with multiple callings and find my self questioning the leadership. During those times I always seem to get the same statement come to mind, ‘There is a reason.’ I don’t fully know what that means, but it always makes me stop and remember that we are given callings to help us and to help others. So, I try to change my attitude and look for ways to help others.

0 comments: