CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Promptings

“What may appear initially to be a daunting task will be much easier to manage over time as you consistently strive to recognize and follow feelings prompted by the Spirit. Your confidence in the direction you receive from the Holy Ghost will also become stronger. I witness that as you gain experience and success in being guided by the Spirit, your confidence in the impressions you feel can become more certain than your dependence on what you see or hear.” Elder Richard G. Scott, Ensign, November 2009, pg 6-9

If you want greater clarity in understanding and believing the still, small voice, there is no better medicine than greater obedience.” Elder Neil L. Andersen, Liahona, December 2010, pg 24-31

“The Lord doesn’t care at all if we spend our days working in marble halls or stable stalls. He knows where we are, no matter how humble our circumstances. He will use – in His own way and for His holy purposes – those who incline their hearts to Him.” President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Ensign, November 2011; pg 19-22

“As you serve others for Him, He lest you feel His love. And in time, feelings of charity become part of your very nature. And you will receive the assurance of Mormon in your heart as you persist in serving other in life that will be well with you.” President Henry B. Eyring, November 2011, pg 68-70

“Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten and Beloved Son of God. He is our Creator. He is the Light of the World. He is our Savior from sin and death. This is the most important knowl­edge on earth, and you can know this for yourself, as I know it for myself. The Holy Ghost, who testifies of the Father and the Son and leads us into truth, has revealed these truths to me, and He will reveal them to you. ” Elder Dallin H. Oaks, Ensign, November 2011, pg 90-03

“We first should desire, yearn for, and seek the companionship of the Holy Ghost.” Elder David A. Bednar, General Conference, October 2010, LDS.org

“The gift of the Holy Ghost, which is the right to receive the Holy Ghost as a constant companion, is obtained only upon condition of faith in Christ, repentance, baptism by immersion, and the laying on of hands by authorized servants endowed with the Melchizedek Priesthood. It is a most precious gift available only to worthy members of the Lord’s Church.” Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, General Conference, April 2003, LDS.org

“It is of this Comforter that I wish to discuss with you. I do so because I am persuaded that there is a greater need for divine oversight in our lives today than ever before. I wish to testify that, by the power and gift of the Holy Ghost, we can know what to do and what not to do to bring happiness and peace to our lives.” President James E. Faust, Ensign, April 1996, LDS.org

“…knowledge comes from the word of scripture, and that testimony comes by the power of the Holy Ghost.” President Gordon B. Hinckley, General Conference, October 1986, LDS.org

“By following the feelings that come to us, we learn to trust that they do come from our Father. We “grow up” (D&C 109:15) in learning to discern this voice.” Elder Neil L. Andersen, Liahona, December 2010, pg 24-31

Position:

During the last eight months, or so, as my family and I have been dealing with a lot of death; I have learned so much about promptings. I know that through our trials we are taught, and I have been taught a lot. I continue to learn everyday. I have had such a wide range of promptings through all of this. I have experienced the common, quiet thought; I have heard a voice tell me an answer to a question; I have felt the warm feeling in my heart and had a thought of what I should say during a difficult moment. I know that Heavenly Father has greatly blessed my family and I with promptings. I am striving to live in a way that invites those promptings more.

0 comments: